Sunday, July 20, 2008

San Francisco Day Three

Today after a lazy start we wandered about looking for a cable car to catch into downtown.After that adventure we started to chat with a couple of nice policeman. From TV shows we get in NZ you would think that USA policemen would be mean types but these guys were very happy to chat and laugh.And then I started chatting to a very talkative homeless guy who was going to college and waiting for subsidised housing. I was evidently sitting in the his spot on some steps taking a rest from all the sightseeing. We were suprised at how together this homeless guy was and wondered why he was spending his days asking for money on the streets and going through rubbish bins and sleeping in doorways. He said he was a US armed forces veteran waiting for subsidised housing. I hope he gets it soon. He seemed like a nice person.
We enjoyed wandering through China Town as well. Mini-Dylan enjoyed chatting with some very pretty Chinese ladies. Chinatown is full of bustle and noise.

Then up to the 52 floor of the Bank of America Building for pina colada cocktails and a look at the misty view. We met with a couple of lovely local ladies who enjoyed chatting with a couple of leg weary kiwis.

Mini-Dylan enjoyed a small pina colada as we look out over the bay. The journey to the 'bathroom' was the poshest in my 51 years. A lovely Asian woman welcomed me and directed me to an empty cubicle. As I left she turned the gold faucet on for me and showed me where to source the soap. On washing my hands she passed me a warmed towel to dry my hands. I don't think tipping is a good idea but if I had taken a penny to the dunny she would have got it!

Have a great day back at school todayand be nice to Mrs P.

Miss k

No comments: